Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 3, 6, 7
- Lesson 1, 2
- Link (Word doc): Outline Template
- Minimum of 4 scholarly sources
For the final outline, continue conducting research for your presentation, locating specific scholarly sources to include on your references page.
Include and submit the following components:
- Title page (title of speech, name of presenter, audience prepared for – school or institution, date)
- You can use this information to create your first slide in PowerPoint.
- General goal, specific goal, thesis statement, introduction paragraph (written out), body in outline format using complete sentences, summary paragraph (written out) (approximately 4 pages)
- Visuals and their description plan (1-2 pages)
- This section should include a minimum of 5 images you will use for your PowerPoint slides with a description of how and why you will be using each image. Paste the images onto the document (Do not simply provide a URL for each image).
- Reference page with minimum of 4 authoritative, outside scholarly sources
- These sources can include the sources referenced during Weeks 2 and 3.
- Anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable.
- References must be written in APA format with hanging indents, in alphabetical order, and with everything double spaced.
- The word references should be centered.
- Include copyrighted image resources in this list.
- You can copy and paste this to use as the last slide in your PowerPoint.
Presentation Note: Do not copy and paste your table of contents, final outline, or visuals description plan into your PowerPoint slides. Your speech slides must be created as a meaningful presentation.
- Use a few bullets for each slide with one phrase or one sentence for each bullet.
- Do not put any paragraphs into the slides.
Any questions about this assignment may be discussed in the Course Q & A Forum.
Optional: Team Editing
This is not required or graded. Complete the following steps for team support on your outline. This is not a group project:
- Early in the week (Day 1, 2, or 3), post in your group homepage a completed first or second outline draft with your team to ask for feedback. If you do not share I added this your first draft early in the week, you cannot expect other people to have time to review it for you. Provide good concrete constructive comments.
- During the week (Days 1-5), respond to team members who have asked for your suggestions, comments, and corrections on their outlines. Try to respond as early as you can, or at least within 2 days. If you can’t review an outline or provide any comment within 2 days of receiving a team member’s outline, notify your team member about when to expect your comments. Day 5 should be your latest date to respond to other people, or Day 6 for emergency last-minute reviews. Remember that other people need time to use your ideas and revise their outlines!
- Review the suggestions, comments, and corrections that you receive from your team and incorporate the best ideas into your first draft outline.
- Save the end of your week (Days 6 and 7) for revising and updating your own outline and preparing the final outline version, completing the description of visuals (PowerPoint images plan) page, and checking the references page.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 3-4 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 4 scholarly sources)
This activity will be graded based on W5 Presentation Outline Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 3
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount. Discount Code - "Newclient"!