- Read the four articles below.
- Should undocumented immigrants be included or excluded from national proposals for health insurance?
- Also discuss your stance on national insurance plans in general.
- Justify your position by referring to course readings, videos, or other relevant sources.
Remember that views differ on this contentious issue—don’t be afraid to present and defend your position. You may need to reference the chapters in the book on health insurance and economics.
Your initial post should be at least 400 words.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
- Bustamante, A. V., Chen, J., McKenna, R. M., & Ortega, A. N. (2018). Health care access and utilization among US immigrants before and after the affordable care act (Links to an external site.). Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-018-0741-6
- Galarneau, C. (2011). Still missing: Undocumented immigrants in health care reform (Links to an external site.). Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 22(2), 422-428. Retrieved from https://repository.wellesley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1096&context=scholarship
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. (2015). Health status and access to care. In The integration of immigrants into American society (pp. 377-411). Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/21746
- Suárez-Orozco, C. (2017). Conferring disadvantage: Behavioral and developmental implications for children growing up in the shadow of undocumented immigration status. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 38, 424-428. [PDF]
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount. Discount Code - "Newclient"!