Global Healthcare Leadership
Porter-O’Grady and Malloch (2018) observed, “Globalization has created a world community and removed traditional boundaries between people, be they political, social, or physical” (p. 9).
Select one of the boundaries (political, social, or physical) and address the following.
· How does the boundary affect your practice or have the potential to affect your practice? Provide examples.
· As a leader, how can you have an impact on overcoming that boundary? Provide examples.
· What interprofessional relationships can you foster that can contribute to overcoming the boundary? Be specific and provide rationale.
· How will you leverage resources to overcome the selected boundary?
elson, E. C., Batalden, P. B., & Godfrey, M. M. (2007). Quality by design: A clinical microsystems approach. Jossey-Bass.
· Chapter 7: Planning Patient-Centered Care, pp 148-164.
Marshall, E. S. & Broome, M.E. (2017). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (2nd ed.). Springer Publishing Company.
· Chapter 4: Economics and Finance, pp. 87-115
Wakefield, M. F. (2018). Nurse leadership in global health: New opportunities, important priorities (Links to an external site.). International Journal of Nursing Sciences, 5(1), 6-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnss.2017.12.002 (Links to an external site.)
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.