Choose a topic and write about the history of ableism and disability in that period
1) Sparta and the disabled (500 – 300 BCE)
2) Imperial Rome and the disabled (20 – 500 CE)
3) Christianity and Ableism as punishment from God (400 – 1800 CE)
4) Nazis and Ableism (1933 – 1945)
5) American Disabilities Act (1990)
6) Japanese Attack on Disabled Facility (July 26, 2016)
7) Ancient Egypt and Disability (3000 BCE – 1000 BCE)
8) Disability in Ancient China (3000 BCE – 1400 CE)
9) Any topic of your choosing professor approved
Answer the following questions in essay format. 2-3 pages. APA format. 12 Font Times New Roman only.
All work must be properly cited and unless otherwise noted; do not include pure opinion.
1) Outline the basic history of the event(s). You can use a timeline or write it out.
2) What ways was disability defined during your topic’s era?
3) How were the differently abled (disabled) treated during your topic’s time?
4) What beliefs, attitudes and values of your chosen topic’s culture influenced the way differently abled people were treated?
5) In what ways has your chosen topic’s culture or era influenced modern American ideas on the differently abled and disability?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.