PPLICATION OF COMMUNITY HEALTH & POPULATION-FOCUSED NURSING Competencies; task 2
Introduction: With the increased mobility of human populations, diseases can quickly spread around the world. In aIDition, changes in vaccination practices have indicated an increase in communicable diseases that were once thought to be under control. These global health issues present new problems for community health officials. In this task, you will analyze a recent outbreak of a global communicable disease that has crossed international borders. Choose one of the following communicable disease outbreaks to aIDress in your task:
• avian influenza
• respiratory syndrome coronavirus
• meningococcal disease
A. Analyze the selected communicable disease outbreak (suggested length of 2–3 pages) by doing the following:
2. Analyze the epidemiological determinants of the outbreak.
a. Discuss the route of transmission of the disease causing the outbreak.
b. Discuss any risk factors involved.
3. Discuss how the outbreak could affect your community at a systems level (i.e., how it will affect the functioning of schools, local government, businesses, hospitals).
4. Explain what the reporting protocol would be if an outbreak were to occur in your community.
5. Develop a plan for how you would report about the outbreak to key stakeholders in your community.
6. Discuss strategies (e.g., patient education strategies, community education strategies) that you would recommend to prevent an outbreak in your community.
B. Include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section. Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment. Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly.
included in the APA Guidelines section.
A rubric is used in this Evaluation.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.