Assignment 2: Exploring Your Options
The career options available to psychology majors are many. Graduates of undergraduate psychology programs may choose psychology-related careers in research, education, public service, or even clinical work. They may also choose to work in other fields only indirectly related to psychology, such as marketing, management, and legal services.
Perform research on career options in the field using your textbook and the Argosy University online library resources. Select two scholarly resources for use in this assignment.
“My Next Move” is an online career development tool offered by the US Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
- Click here to review “My Next Move” website.
- Complete the career interest assessment by clicking the Start button under “Tell us what you like to do.” When you have completed the assessment, print out the results and save the file.
Describe your results. Be sure to include answers to the following questions:
- What were your scores for each of the six interest profiles (realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising, and conventional)? Analyze the results by discussing whether you agree or don’t agree, justifying your answer. Be specific. Explain how you have demonstrated qualities of the profiles in the past. Explain whether there are events in your life that illustrate how you do fit the profiles on which you received the highest scores.
- Which of the suggested careers are most appealing to you? Select at least three of them. Access the link to each of those careers and describe the career. In your description, include aspects such as salary per year; education required; the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed for each; the personality characteristics of people who tend to choose each; and any technology used in each.
- What questions do you still have about any of these careers? List at least one question about each career. Research the answer to each question on the Internet and in the Argosy University online library resources and provide the answers along with appropriate citations.
- Identify the professional organization you would most want to consider joining as a student in order to better prepare for this career, for example, APA or ACA. Refer to the “Job Resources” document for a list of suggested organizations. Describe why you have selected this particular organization. Discuss how you can play a role in the organization as a student member. Identify the activities, resources, or opportunities it provides to students.
Be sure to cite at least two sources (including “My Next Move”) for the information you gathered.
- Write your initial response in a minimum of 300–400 words. Cite the sources as per APA standards.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount. Discount Code - "Newclient"!