DUE 12/28/19 6P.M EST
BE ON TIME, ORIGINAL WORK
PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS
DATA ATTACHED, PREVIOUS WORK ATTACHED (SIMPLE LOGISTIC REGRESSION)
YOU’RE USING THE SAME VARIABLES, JUST ADDING ONE WITH SAME RESEARCH QUESTION
Research Question: Based on the class type, does class Type1 or class Type2 have higher odd ratio of determine the gender of an individual?
Dependent Variable” Gender
Independent Variable: Class Type
Assignment 1: Binary Logistic Regression in SPSS
This week you will build on the simple logistic regression analysis did last week. You will use the same two variables (one independent variable and one dependent variable) you used in your SPSS analysis last week and add a second independent variable to the analysis. How has your statistical significance and odds ratio changed by the introduction of the second independent variable?
· Use the one independent variable (CLASS TYPE) and one dependent variable (GENDER) you used to conduct your simple logistic regression analysis in Week 4.
· Add a second independent variable to your analysis (multiple logistic regression).
· Remember that your dependent variable must be dichotomous/binary.
· Think about how you might use the odds ratio in your analysis to simplify the interpretation of your results.
· How has your statistical significance and odds ratio changed by the introduction of the second independent variable?
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed. Then, compose a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis in APA format including discussion of if the predictive relationship is statistically significant and the odds ratio and what it means.
Be sure to include your data output with your analysis.
The practice of quantitative research not only involves statistical calculations and formulas but also involves the understanding of statistical techniques related to real-world applications. You might not become a quantitative researcher nor use statistical methods in your profession but as a consumer, citizen, and scholar-practitioner, it will be important for you to become a critical consumer of research, which will empower you to read, interpret, and evaluate the strength of claims made in scholarly material and daily news.
For this Assignment, you will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to logistic regression.
· Search the Library for a quantitative article that applies binary logistic regression.
The Assignment (YOU FIND ARTICLE)
Write a 2-page critique of the research you found in the Library that includes responses to the following prompts:
· Why did the authors select binary logistic regression in the research?
· Do you think this test was the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
· Did the authors display the results in a figure or table?
· Does the results table stand alone? In other words, are you able to interpret the study from it? Why or why not?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.