For your assigned crop, create an outline in MS Word addressing the areas of importance for post-harvest quality and food safety:
1. Storage temperatures and times
4. Harvest and handling considerations
5. Cooling method(s)
6. Market overview (especially California and/or Monterey County)
7. Products (commodity vs. value-added)
8. Crop family, genus and species
9. Related crops (biologically related, economically related, handling related)
10. Food safety concerns
11. Quality issues
BE SURE TO FIND ARTICLES related to your specific area of interest or focus!
This outline will be expanded as the semester proceeds. Eventually this will become a term paper.
Your outline should include the following:
1. Your name, ABT-93 and date in the upper right corner
2. A descriptive title that includes the name of your assigned crop and the specific area of focus that you have chosen.
3. In text citations for almost every line in your outline!
4. At least 3 citations in a WORKS CITED section at the end of the outline (separate page).
Students will create a model cold chain and critique the effectiveness of the process.
Students will identify the strengths and weaknesses of post harvest handling operations.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.