Critical Analysis #2 on A Raisin in the Sun or Crimes of the Heart
For this critical analysis assignment, you need to create a feminist interpretation of either A Raisin in the Sun orCrimes of the Heart.
For example, you could look at issues of gender, race, or sexuality in Hansberry’s play, or you could investigate the issue of identity in Henley’s play and how women seek to find an independent identity. There are many ways to approach this assignment.
Like the first analysis paper, you need to create an argument about the play you’ve chosen to write about.You’re creating an argument, which means, you’re asserting your view and your interpretation of the actions of the characters and the plot twists in the play. Insert your opinions, but stay focused on analyzing the action of the play to help illustrate your ideas. Your job is to dig deeper into the play to see what it’s all about and to persuade your reader of your point of view—your thesis.
The key element here is that you need to be focused on creating a feminist analysis of your chosen play. The chapter we read by Lois Tyson can be a good resource for you and you should feel free to cite from it in your paper.
Also, consider this site as it offers some questions that could help you develop your thesis: Purdue OWL on Feminism – https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/722/11/
The paper has the following requirements:
- The paper should be only 750 words no more in length. It’s a skill to work in a small space.
- You must have an arguable thesis that is persuasive and allows you to prove its premise in the essay. Remember, your thesis needs to present a feminist analysis.
- You must select and arrange your details in such a way that they occur in a natural, logical order and work to support your thesis.
- You should work to give the reader specific details and concrete examples of the work to support your thesis and your main points.
- You need to use examples of dialogue and action and cite your examples appropriately according to MLA documentation format.
- You need to use at least one critical reading from our course site or one that you find on your own via library research to develop your discussion.
- Work to give your reader an engaging essay by varying your word choice and sentence structure throughout your essay.
This assignment is designed to demonstrate your abilities as a critical thinker and effective writer, as well as to meet a course objective for the class since it is cross-listed with Women’s & Gender Studies: to apply a feminist perspective to the study of literature.
Make sure you check spelling, documentation format and works cited page for proper MLA formatting.
Submit your assignment here as word document with proper formatting, including your works cited. The works cited does not count in your overall word count.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount. Discount Code - "Newclient"!