Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read the required textbook chapters and articles for this week.
Create a PowerPoint presentation with 16 to 20 slides (not including the title and reference slides) entitled Ethical and Professional Issues in Psychological Testing. Your presentation must provide 2 to 3 slides for each of the required topics and include appropriate citations of your referenced sources. Separate reference slides, which follow APA formatting guidelines for a References page, must be included at the end of the presentation. You must create your own template and organize your presentation in the sequence provided. Do not use a font smaller than 20 pt. You are encouraged to insert relevant figures and graphics. Make sure to appropriately cite any images you use. If you include a table or figure from a journal article, cite it according to APA guidelines. The notes section of each slide must include the text for oral comments you would make while presentating the materials to a live audience.
References must be cited according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. For assistance with creating a visually engaging and readable presentation, you may review Garr Reynolds’s tips for creating presentations.
The presentation must cover each of the following topics in the order presented below.
The Ethical and Social Implications of Testing
- Provide an overview and brief evaluation of the ethical and social implications of psychological assessment.
- Describe the responsibilities of both test publishers and test users.
Testing Individuals Representing Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Analyze and describe issues related to the testing of cultural and linguistic minorities.
- Explain the common sources of measurement error and how measurement error can impact reliability.
- Create a diagram or figure to compare the types of validity discussed in the textbook.
- Describe the extravalidity concerns related to testing.
- Review the articles by Fergus (2013), Kosson, et al. (2013) and Mathieu, Hare, Jones, Babiak, & Neumann (2013). Analyze the information presented in these articles on factor analysis and describe how it is used to validate the constructs of the instruments.
Clinical Versus Statistical Prediction
- Compare clinical and statistical prediction of mental health decisions based on the work of Ægisdóttir, et al. (2006) and Grove & Lloyd (2006).
Application One: An Ethical and Professional Quandry
- Select one of the Ethical and Professional Quandries in Testing from Case Exhibit 1.2 in your textbook and describe the ethical issues specific to the scenario you selected. Include an analysis of the relevant principles from Standard 9 in the APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct
- Taking on the role of the psychologist or counselor in the chosen scenario, describe how you might respond to the challenge you selected and provide a brief rationale for your decision.
Application Two: Evidence-Based Medicine
- Summarize Youngstrom’s (2013) recommendations for linking assessment directly to clinical decision making in evidence-based medicine.
- Elaborate on each of Youngstrom’s recommendations by providing practical examples that illustrate the relevance of the recommendations in a clinical setting.
Application Three: Selecting Valid Instruments
- Create a research hypothesis or brief clinical case scenario in which you must select an instrument to measure intolerance for uncertainty.
- Use the information in the Fergus (2013) article to support which measure to use.
- Must consist of 16 to 20 slides (not including title and reference slides) that are formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use the assigned chapters in the course text, Standard 9 from the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct, and the 3 required peer-reviewed articles assigned for Week One.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include separate reference slides formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount. Discount Code - "Newclient"!