Due 1/4 5 p.m EST
Be on time, Original work!
Data Attached! Please read carefully!
Factorial Analysis of Variance in SPSS
Earlier this week, you practiced using factorial ANOVA models with SPSS and, ideally, used the Collaboration Lab to ask, answer, and otherwise address any questions you had. In this Assignment, you apply what you learned to answer a social research question using factorial ANOVA.
· Review the datasets provided.
· Construct a research question with social change implications based on one of those datasets.
· Be sure to focus on the assumptions of this test and ask yourself, “Does it make sense to interpret the mean of this dependent variable?”
· Remember that you will need categorical predictor variables.
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed. Then, compose a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis in APA format in which you answer the following questions:
1. What is the null hypothesis for your question?
2. What research design(s) would align with this question?
3. What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
4. What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
5. If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
6. What is the answer to your research question?
7. What are the possible implications of social change?
Be sure to include your data output with your analysis. for an excellent APA-compliant write-up of a factorial analysis of variance.
Assignment 2: Article Critique
The practice of quantitative research not only involves statistical calculations and formulas but also involves the understanding of statistical techniques related to real-world applications. You might not become a quantitative researcher nor use statistical methods in your profession but as a consumer, citizen, and scholar-practitioner, it will be important for you to become a critical consumer of research, which will empower you to read, interpret, and evaluate the strength of claims made in scholarly material and daily news.
For this Assignment, you will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to factorial ANOVA.
· Search the Library for a quantitative article that applies factorial analysis of variance. Note that sometimes these are referred to as “two-way ANOVAs.”
Assignment #2 (You find Article)
Write a 2–page critique of the research you found in the Library that includes responses to the following prompts: Include in paper
· Why did the authors select factorial ANOVA in the research?
· Do you think this test was the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
· Did the authors display the results in a figure or table?
· Does the results table stand alone? In other words, are you able to interpret the study from it? Why or why not?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.