Health sciences and medicine
1. Quality Management/ 2. Risk Management
1.Topic 1: Quality Management (125 words)
Define and discuss quality management, the evolution of the quality improvement movement, and implications of public health for health care organizations to implement national quality initiatives.
2.Topic 2: Risk Management (125 words)
Define risk management, the components of a risk management program, and how the risk management process can reduce organizational risk. Examine the roles and responsibilities of a risk manager as well as those of the clinical delivery team, including physicians. Recognize the regulatory requirements and standards associated with federal mandates, including HIPAA, and accreditation. Examine risk management methodologies, strategies, and tools. Recognize the financial and risk correlation for organizational profit and loss.
1.from the text, The Quality Solution: A Stakeholder’s Guide to Improving Health Care (2006)
a. Chapter 1: An Overview of Quality in the Healthcare System
b. Chapter 2: Duty versus Interest
c. Chapter 3: Public Health Implications of Quality Improvement
1. van der Velden, J. W. & Sirot, E. J. (2007). Effective risk management tools. Drug Information Journal, 41(1), 63-68. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
1. American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM). (http://www.ashrm.org)
2. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). (http://www.ahrq.gov)
3. National Quality Forum (NQF). (http://www.qualityforum.org)
4. UCLA Health System Risk Management. (http://risk.mednet.ucla.edu/)
5. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). (http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/)
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.