Before you begin your Assignment, watch a brief video introduction to Tamika Johnson and one of her clients. (VIDEO LINK:http://extmedia.kaplan.edu/artsSCi/Media/HN450/HN4…)
In a 3–5-page paper, analyze the implications of this case. Use the Internet and the Kaplan Library to research the legal and ethical issues presented by this situation and respond to the following questions:
1. Discuss the next steps Tamika should take in the case. Explain the reasoning for your choices.
2. Identify the various ethical dilemmas presented in this scenario.
3. Discuss the specific NOHS Standards that would apply in this situation.
4. Explore any legal issues that might be raised by this situation regarding any state or federal laws. How might this information guide Tamika’s actions?
5. Describe and discuss the mandatory reporting laws in your state. If Tamika lived in your state, would she be required to take any particular action?
6. If you were Tamika’s supervisor, what direction might you provide for her? How might her actions impact you?
7. Finally, discuss strategies to minimize the likelihood of these legal and ethical issues arising in your practice.
Please be sure to introduce the specifics of the case study in your paper, which should reflect your understanding and research of these issues.
Your Assignment should:
Sommers-Flanagan, R., Sommers-Flanagan, J. (2015-06-08). Becoming an Ethical Helping Professional: Cultural and Philosophical Foundations, with Video Resource Center, 1st Edition. [Kaplan]. Retrieved from https://kaplan.vitalsource.com/#/books/97811190879…
Grading Rubric for Unit 9 Assignment
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.