Assignment 1: Role of the Advanced Nurse Paper
This assignment relates to the role of the master’s prepared nurse. Students will develop a scholarly paper utilizing the AmericanPsychological Association (APA) 6th edition format.
In review, when developing a scholarly APA paper, begin with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The body of the paper should include levels of heading that keep the writer focused and on track. For example, this paper would have three level one headings not including the introductory paragraph or conclusion. The paper would then have a conclusion to summarize the main points of the paper. The last page would be the reference page.
1. Discuss the chosen specialty (Family Nurse Practitioner) and reasons for pursuing an advanced nursing role.
2. Describe the role and requirements of the chosen specialty for the master’s prepared nurse.
3. Discuss how an advanced practice role can impact the RNs career advancement. Utilize the Institute of Medicine (IOM) report: The Future of Nursing Leading Change, Advancing Health (found in Modules/Week 3) in the discussion.
4. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 4 pages excluding the title and reference page.
5. Includean introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
6. Include level 1 headings to organize the paper.
7. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify I, we,you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
8. Include a minimum of three (3) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in UlrichPeriodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
9. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
10. Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.