Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the Splett, Fowler, Weist, McDaniel, & Dvorsky (2013), Stinnett, Bui, & Capaccioli, (2013), and Kosher, Jiang, Ben-Arieh, & Huebner, (2014) articles, and review Chapters 10 through 13 in your textbook.
For this discussion, you will be taking on the role of the school psychologist in a public middle school. In this role, you will facilitate the evaluation of a student based on psychoeducational personality assessments, mental status exam, and observations of the student to make recommendations to the education team consisting of yourself, school counselors, and teachers who work with the student. Carefully review the PSY615: Week Three School Psychologist-Based Personality and Behavior Assessment Scenario (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
In your initial post:
- Examine the personality assessment instrument used in the scenario and research a peer-reviewed article in the Ashford University Library on this personality assessment.
- Using the required articles as well as your researched article to support your statements, describe the standard use of this personality assessment.
- Based on the scenario, evaluate the reliability, validity, and cultural considerations inherent to the personality assessment used and comment on the relevance of these elements within the scenario.
- Analyze and describe some of the potential ethical issues which might arise from the use of this personality assessment in the given scenario.
- Provide information from your research regarding the use of the personality measure, and assess the value of other possible instruments that could be added to create a more complete assessment of the student in the scenario.
Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful interactive discourse in this discussion.
- Was your colleague’s researched article appropriate for the personality measure being considered?
- Assess the personality instrument(s) suggested by your colleague. Would these measures provide reliable, valid, and culturally conscious results for the given scenario? Use your research to support your assertions.
- What other measure(s) would you suggest your colleague use in this situation?
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount. Discount Code - "Newclient"!