Health Enhancing Behaviours
Approximately how many times per week do you brush your teeth? .107 .138*
How many times in an average week do you engage in physical exercise that increases your heart rate for a period of 20 minutes or more? .148* .147*
When you are out in the sun for more than 30 minutes, what percentage of the time do you apply 15+ (or stronger) sunscreen to your exposed skin? .154** .130*
How many serves of fruit or vegetables do you eat in an average day? .262** .193**
How many hours of sleep per night?
Health Risk Behaviours
How many times in an average week do you skip breakfast?
How many times in an average week do you skip lunch?
How many times in an average week do you eat “junk” food for a main meal? N/A -.295**
Approximately how many standard alcoholic drinks do you consume on an average week? N/A -.127*
How many times in the past month have you engaged in binge drinking? N/A -.176**
N/A: These values have not been included because they are not relevant.
* This means that we are confident that there is a relationship between these two variables.
** This means that we are very confident that there is a relationship between these two variables.
– In this section you should:
– Summarise and interpret the main findings. What, overall, was found? Were the hypotheses supported? If not, why not?
– Compare with past findings and suggest reasons for any surprising results.
– Suggest possible weaknesses of the current research and possible strategies for future research.
– Discuss implications of the findings. Of what value are they? How might they be applied?
– Draw appropriate conclusions. What, overall, has been learned from this study? On the basis of the evidence obtained, and bearing in mind the limitations of the study and findings from past research, what can be concluded?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.