Individual Report – 50% (Part 12, Part 2 and Part 3)
You work for a company (in one of the industries listed below) that is considering expanding its operations. Your task is to investigate the possibility of exporting (from the UK) a product in one of the following industries:
• Apparel (clothing)
To complete all three parts of the report you must do: (i) a country report (part 1), (ii) an industry report (part 2) (iii) and discuss how you will market the product (part 3). More complete details of parts 2 and 3 will be distributed once part 1 has been completed.See details for part 1 below.
Prepare a ‘Country Analysis Report’ of a country of your choice. You cannot be from that country. No two people can submit an analysis of the same country. There are are only 20 students in the class hence there must be 20 separate countries. Once you have decided on your country, the list will be posted on the VLE.
Contents of a country analysis report:
In this assignment you are to investigate the country in great detail. To assist in the preparation of the country reports, the following checklist indicating background information that may be included is provided:
1. Physical Characteristics: Geography, climate and natural advantages or disadvantages.
2. Population: Number of people, religion(s), race, age distribution, education level, state of health, labour skills, standard of living, etc.
3. Politics: Form of government, number of political parties, stability (political risk), major political goals of the present administration, quality of government services/ bureaucracy.
4. Economics Environment- financial system, fiscal and monetary policy, property rights, intellectual property rights
5. Social-Cultural Patterns: Class systems, distribution of wealth, ethical systems etc.
PM003 – Part 2 Assignment
In part one, you analysed the country in relation to the product that you will bring into that country.
In part three you will develop the
for the product.
In this part you will develop your segmentation, targetting, positioning and entry strategies.
• Choose the segmentation – demographics, behavioural etc – criteria for the product. You must state why you have chosen these criteria. What was the basis or rationale?
• Choose the target segment. Describe the characteristics of your target customers.
• How will you position your good in the new market. Would you position this in the same way as in the current market or would change positioning strategies? Provide a rationale for your answer.
• How will you enter the target market (export, direct investment) etc? Provide a rationale for your answer.
Part 3: Marketing Mix
The third part of the assignment will involve you deciding on a marketing mix for the product that you are introducing to the country/market that you have analysed previously.
• Is the product going to be adpated to the local environment or will it be standardized (take into account the political, social factors – ie this was the purpose of Part 1 of the assignment)? Provide a rationale for your answer.
• What attributes should your product have? answer this in realtion to the positioning strategy that you have.
• Describe your product in terms of the three levels of the product – the core benefit, actual product and augmented product.
• What pricing are you going to chose for the product? what factors will you be considering when choosing this strategy. You may draw on your country analysis which you completed in part 1. You may also look at factors such as the saturation of the product, level of competition etc.
• What distribution strategy are you going to chose? why will you chose such a strategy? You must provide a rationale for your answer for example you will look at factors such as infrastructure, what your compeitors are doing, cultural distance etc.
• How is the product going to be promoted? what method will you chose? what media outlets will you potentially consider? You must provide a rationale for your answer.
• What theoretical approach will you use in developing your promotion strategy – rational, emotional etc?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.